Seeing myself as Jonah!

 


    But why? Simply whenever I dismiss my goal, my calling and my ministry due to extreme frustration, it feels as if God isn't letting me go but intervening my determination and path to accomplish his plans in my life. I tried willingly to escape, to take break, to run away from my ambition, determination and goal several times. But God always controlled my environment to bring me back in track.

    It seems when God calls us for a specific purpose, it is he who determines to work through us and accomplish his purpose. Many times, we are aware of our calling and we determine to move but frustration comes ahead to distract us. The path doesn't seem easy but full of hurdles to pass on. We get severe demotivation in our way, in our journey due to various factors either family, peer pressure, lacking platform, lacking support from the church, conflict among denominations and so on. This makes us upset and we think to quit. However, God is always behind the scene working to strengthen us. Though we are called, we are just tools used by Him. He is faithful to accomplish his mission. If we deviate ourselves from our track, he knows how to retain our environment.

    Living a Christian life isn't just limited to attainment of salvation in Christ. It’s about living for sake of Christ, learning to live as per will of God while on earth and troublesome life. It is realistic that we sometimes feel exhausted in our life and we seek catalyst. But we must be faithful towards God that if he called us for certain purpose, he will prepare us. No matter how much we try to escape away, he always acts behind the scene to accomplish his mission through our life.

    I had a strong conviction of my calling but I used to escape a lot of time. But I wonder how my mind used to be changed due to unexpected situations. Whenever I thought to quit, situations itself erupt to reinstate me back. I always feel it is God behind the scene and he is always in control of our situation. Since he called us, he is the one who prepares us. We cannot think of escaping and letting everything go in vain.

    Our life isn't just about salvation in Christ. Our life is about serving others as Christ did. Our life is living the way God wanted according to his purpose. Our life is a kind of preparation for the next new world to come. Hence, we will always have a struggle and frustration. But we cannot think of escaping. It can be possible that sometimes people get failure but it happens when they don't trust God and go after their personal desires. We are ought to submit ourselves in God and trust him fully. If we show our willingness, he is there to rescue us from hindrance. Yes, it’s hard sometimes to understand but it’s not hard to stop, think and act whenever we have great hurdles ahead against our calling.

    Finally, for me its amazing thing to know how God keeps drawing me towards his purpose. I think, I need to feel cherished because God has called me for a great journey and I have to complete it. His spirit is always on guide in my life.

***

A Christian Thinker

Hi, it's me Kevin from Nava Jeevan AG church, Kupondole. I am currently working as a Civil engineer as profession. In church ministry I am engaged as blogger and I have my own personal ministry namely Apologetics Impact Nepal. I'm interested in theological, apologetics and ethical discussion and I love to enroll in guiding others in these fields. You can visit my ministry blog and connect with me via Gmail kvinmdiv@gmail.com or eseekers25@gmail.com!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post