Trust God and keep moving along with your ambition

 



    We need calling, conviction, and ambition to begin any ministry. We cannot think of the right time to work out. We should never think of a team, a platform, or the right time and right environment at church to begin our ambition. All those things shall be given to us by God during our journey. We need to focus on our ambition and keep walking with whatever gifts, passions, or goals we do have.

    When I had a strong conviction of my calling, I formulated my ambition but never thought of any platform, team, right time, and opportunity at church. I began my vision by enrolling in writing up articles on various theological subjects. I had the vision to learn and facilitate others. There wasn’t any familiar digital world then. I had only a passion for expressing my insight by writing. I had a passion for studying books with curiosity. I just used whatever I had to begin my journey. I used to ask questions at church, interact with learned ones, and search materials by myself. I had never thought of the platform that I am using today.

    Right after my conversion to Christ, our family had to go through religious protests and challenges. It’s weird to know that, in a typical Hindu culture we are taught that every way gets its same destination. However, this seems practically unfollowed in society. A decision to follow Jesus was inviting chaotic situations in the family or even society. Perhaps, the chaos gets invited due to the exclusive Christian claims about Jesus. Usually, any Hindu prefers respecting any gods due to the massive influence of the Pantheism concept. But when it comes across exclusive claims, intolerance outbursts. We faced the same. I realized there was a need for intellectual responses regarding our beliefs.

    Whenever I used to meet converts, I used to talk about their testimony and discuss how they deal with people who criticize their faith. But I hardly found any friends who had any sort of critical thinking. They even didn’t have questions or even if they had, they didn’t care at all. I had a thirst to quench my new faith. I wasn’t just limited to Charismatic and devotional. But I had a realization that if we really believe something is true, it impacts our whole lifestyle and hence must be defended. Did I believe Jesus just because he healed me? Not at all! I didn’t even request the church for miraculous healing (the church was literally ready to pray that I might not get any need of operation). Since childhood, I grew up understanding the reason Jesus became human and came to the earth. Jesus as a healer was only a minute aspect of knowing his power and intervention over a hopeless situation in my life.

    Unlike others, I really wanted to grow in the knowledge of God and new faith. I used to face many criticisms and wanted to show my new faith is really credible and trustworthy. Immediately after SLC, my journey got a high turning point. I faced a lot of struggles in understanding the Bible and had a burden of questions to be quenched. There wasn’t even a door opened for me to any resources. But I trusted Lord for everything even in the dark phases of life. I was troubled by intellectual criticism of my faith. The news of accusation, persecution, criticism, and stigma clicked my attention. I didn’t let myself stumble but relied upon God’s spirit to hold me strong. I thank God that he gave a family which isn’t conservative but exposed me to the critical environment of Charismatic and intellectual thinking.

    As time passed on, I had a deep passion to work in ministry. The unseen platform was made manifested only after my first CBS camp. God used a South Indian Bible teacher from Kerala to make me pin down where I should really be working to serve others. Since then, I just followed my vision with my full trust in Lord. I didn’t think about the right timing, right team, or resources. I only thought of my struggle and a desire to equip people like me who have lots of struggles in sustaining faith.

    Today, I have a great friend circle, team, platform, resources, and opportunities that I had never expected. This is all Lord’s provision. I only fixed my firm vision and kept moving on without worrying anything about the future. I do hope this could be true for everyone. We need a vision and then we must continue our journey. For progression, Lord is there always for us!     

***


A Christian Thinker

Hi, it's me Kevin from Nava Jeevan AG church, Kupondole. I am currently working as a Civil engineer as profession. In church ministry I am engaged as blogger and I have my own personal ministry namely Apologetics Impact Nepal. I'm interested in theological, apologetics and ethical discussion and I love to enroll in guiding others in these fields. You can visit my ministry blog and connect with me via Gmail kvinmdiv@gmail.com or eseekers25@gmail.com!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post